We are pleased to inform you that Hilary Heilbron QC of Brick Court Chambers, will give the keynote address at the CDR Autumn Arbitration Symposium to be held in London on 12 November 2015.
She has extensive experience as counsel both in international arbitration and commercial and arbitral-related litigation and has acted for a wide range of national and international clients. She also regularly sits as an international arbitrator both in the UK and abroad and is currently a member of the LCIA Court, as well as being on the panel of several leading arbitral institutions.
Our one-day conference will focus on a number of issues including:
• Covering regional trends in international arbitration from Russia and the CIS, to Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America, with speakers from Quinn Emanuel, Herbert Smith Freehills, Latham & Watkins, and others;
• The latest hot topics in international arbitration will be discussed, giving delegates the latest information in this fast-moving area of the law, including current trends on enforcement practice, with speakers from Linklaters, 7 King’s Bench Walk, and Omni Bridgeway;
• Session providing a detailed overview of comparative approaches to funding arbitration, with experts in the field from White & Case, O’Melveny & Myers, and others;
• Insights into innovative best practice from 4 New Square, the latest on IP arbitration and its relationship with the EU courts from a leading judge in this field;
• An insight into the underlying trends in the quantum of damages awarded in investor-state disputes offered by experts at PwC;
• Opportunities for career development for younger lawyers on how to develop a career as an arbitrator – ideal for those seeking to build their practice among the arbitral institutions;
• Our ever-popular session on ‘Ask the Arbitrators’, back by popular demand.
Supporters of the event include Herbert Smith Freehills, PwC, Latham & Watkins, 4 New Square, Linklaters, HLTrad, 7 King’s Bench Walk, White & Case, and Signature Litigation, with delegates drawn from leading international, European, and boutique law firms, barristers’ chambers, third-party funders, and in-house counsel from Shell and Standard Chartered Bank, among others.
Further details of the conference programme can be seen here:
There is strong demand for tickets, as our current ‘early bird’ registration price closes on 30 September 2015. Those interested should contact Daniel Confessa ASAP on +44 207 367 4072 or Daniel.Confessa@glgroup.co.uk.
Discounts for block bookings are available for participating firms seeking to send three or more attendees to the event; with a limited number of FREE places for in-house counsel up to 30 September only.
Ben Rigby, Editor, CDR